[Mailman-Users] Re: remove this?

Bill Warner lww at ictech.net
Tue May 8 22:21:27 CEST 2001

At 12:47 PM 5/8/01 -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>You should have made those comments to the standards committee. The RFC is
>the RFC.

What RFC?  If you have a cite for an RFC which says that Mailman must add
10 lines worth of headers to every message it sends I'd be delighted to
read it.

>(hint: any DECENT mail client can be configured to show or hide header
>lines...)

But that's not the point.  (Not mine anyway... :-)  I can't see any valid
reason why Mailman should force me to inflict these headers on my list
readers.  If you want them going out on your lists that's just fine, but
please give me the option to turn them off on mine.

--Bill