[Mailman-Users] Virtual Hosts (was wierd errors in maillog

Cal Evans cal at calevans.com
Sun May 6 16:28:10 CEST 2001

When I asked the question, someone suggested that they had compiled separate
copies of mailman for each virtual domain.  This works. It's how I'm now
running.

Before adopting this I did some research into the code. While I am not a
Python programmer, it would seem to me that one step that could be taken is
to make the program load a different mm_cfg.py for each domain. If the
path/name of that file could be passed in as a parameter and mm_cfg.py be
the default if nothing else is loaded then at least one of the problems
would be solved.

The other issue I ran into (and couldn't see an immediate way to solve) was
the cron jobs.  You would still need separate cron jobs for each domain. If
you use a standard directory structure (I do) for ach of your domains, it
might be possible to pass in a list of the domains and have the cron jobs
run the program once for each domain in the list. Assuming you have the
mm_cfg.py file for each domain in the same place for each domain..i.e.
/home/mydomains/thisdomain.com/configfiles/mm_cfg.py
/home/mydomains/tatdomain.com/configfiles/mm_cfg.py
etc.

Again, I'm not a Python programmer, but if someone wanted to make a patch to
the relevant programs, I would be happy to share what I learned in my
research.

FWIW,
Cal
http://www.calevans.com