[Mailman-Users] MHonArc

Dan Mick dan.mick at west.sun.com
Thu May 3 21:51:59 CEST 2001

Tanya Brethour wrote:

> Quick question:
>
> I am converting to use the mhonarc archiver instead of the builtin mailman
> archiver because of the MIME attachment issue. I was curious how people
> integrate the two.
>
> Do you turn off archiving in mailman?
> Do you just run a cron job to update the archive?
> In order to have it group things by months (like mailman does) do I have
> to rotate or move the mailbox each month??
>
> I'm currently still trying to figure out all the mhonarc does.. so please
> excuse my questions if they seem simple.

Yeah, I'm about to start down this road too, and am thinking of Hypermail
instead because my server is pretty underpowered at this point, and Yet
Another Interpreted Memory Hog Language might just send it packing.

People have reported on successes on this list, so perhaps downloading the
mail archive and perusing would be worth your time; I plan on doing that
later today.