[Mailman-Users] Oops - Message has implicit destination

jtrigg at huiekin.org jtrigg at huiekin.org
Tue May 1 19:02:20 CEST 2001

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 05:46:50PM +0100, James Kapherr wrote:
> Does anyone know how to stop this
> "Blind carbon copies or other implicit destinations are not allowed.  Try
> reposting your message by explicitly including the list address in the To:
> or Cc: fields."
>
> Every email that is sent to the mailing list gets bounced for admin
> approval.
>
> The emails ARE sent in the TO: field - so I am not sure why it gives this
> error.

For some reason, Mailman considers e-addresses to be case-sensitive, so
you need to add a regular expression that matches the list name ignoring
case to the "Alias names (regexps) which qualify as explicit to or cc
destination names for this list." field on the Privacy page of the
administrative interface for the list.  For example, if your list is
"list at domain.com", you need to add "[Ll][Ii][Ss][Tt]" to the field.

Can this be added to the FAQ, please?

Thanks,
--
Jim Trigg                      /"\
SKA Blaise de Cormeilles       \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN