[Mailman-Users] Announcement list magic...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri May 4 03:44:17 CEST 2001

Good Morning,

  Not long ago I asked about doing an announcement list that was made up
  of other lists. The suggestion was to extract the members of the
  different lists and sync them onto a master list.

  In order to give people the option of only subscribing to the
  Announcement list, I've set it up so that there is a hidden
  Announcement list that is the place where mail is forwarded to and
  approved form.

  This works great but I have a couple questions.

1) Is there a way to extract only the members that are not set to nomail?
   I want to exclude people who are set to nomail because of choice or
   because of bouncing email.

2) Is there a way to link the archives of the hidden list with the
   published list? While I have changed the symlink in archives/public,
   I'm not sure if that is the correct way nor if it will last.

  Thanks a lot for feedback!

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625