[Mailman-Users] Loooooonnnnnnnngggggg archive conversion...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri May 4 03:35:22 CEST 2001

Good Morning,

  Well I've converted my 65 majordomo lists over to Mailman. I only had
  a few issues. The one I have today is that an archive conversion
  (~mailman/bin/arch) is taking forever. There were several mailing
  lists that it took a few hours to convert, but I suffered through it.

  This one has been running for 10 hours so far. It is doing things
  [mostly mremaps()], but it takes way too long. This seemed to be the
  case that once it got to a certain point it had trouble computing the
  different threads. Right now it is doing the pipermail.pck and has been
  for just over an hour.

  How long would one expect a 116M mbox to convert? Are there thoughts
  on improving performance of this conversion?

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625