[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Re: Big problems with stale lockfiles on large list...

Harold Paulson haroldp at sierraweb.com
Thu May 3 17:14:39 CEST 2001

>>     GT> major fire that I've had.  Now all I've got to figure out is
>>     GT> how to try to speed up the admin CGIs so that they don't take
>>     GT> two or three minutes to load when dealing with large lists...
>
>I'm positive that moving the storage to MySQL/PgSQL/Oracle will speed
>up the db side, guess this is something for the 3.0 release.

I'd have to agree with this.  Grabbing any 30 records out of 65k is
an operation that shouldn't take more than about a second on any
modern DB.  It also seems like it would skirt around the need for
some of these complicated locking tricks.

	- H
--

Harold Paulson                  Sierra Web Design
haroldp at sierraweb.com           http://www.sierraweb.com