[Mailman-Users] Mass Unsubscribe?? - Convert from MajorDomo

Jason Maderios Jason.Maderios at togethersoft.com
Wed May 2 19:30:17 CEST 2001

Gang,

I am in the midst of evaluating mailman for our mailing list.  We
currently use Majordomo by way of a hosting company and we are
considering managing the list internally.  All I can say about the
install is WOW!  Great docs, and everything worked as advertised.  I had
missed one line in the docs about setting the GID at configure time if
my web server used something other than nobody as it's user.  Even the
error I saw when I first fired up my browser told me where I had erred..
Thanks to anyone out there who worked on the Docs...

Any way my real question is this.  I created a text file with a bunch of
dups and thousands of emails to see how easy it was to import records (I
have about 200,000 adr's I am going to have to import).  It all worked
great but how do I MASS unsubscribe all those bogus adrs???  Also where
does mailman keep the email adr's at?  Is it a flat file?  Can I edit it
directly?

Any Help would be appreciated...

Jason Maderios