[Mailman-Users] Administrators subscribing via email...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed May 2 10:30:03 CEST 2001

Good Morning,

  Okay. I've done a number of searches and I've done a lot of different
  attempts, and I can't figure this out for the life of me.

  How can a list administrator use the email interface to subscribe
  and/or unsubscribe users without a confirmation going out to the user?
  They can do this via the webpage, but I can't figure out how to do it
  via the email interface.

  I found an odd page in German which refered to something in mailman
  (new or old I don't know) that would let them do:

approve <listpasswd> subscribe <emailaddress>

  but this didn't work at all.

  I tried to put the Approved: header in, but this didn't work.

  Is it possible or do I need to start coding?

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625