[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Thu Mar 29 20:12:51 CEST 2001

You must be running IP virtual domains rather than named virtual
domains.

With named vrtual domains, mailing lists are always created defaulted
to the domain where Mailman was originally installed (the machine's
default domain) and then I have to log in to the admin page and
change them to the correct domain for the list. The welcome message
to the list owner shows the default domain rather than the domain for
the list.

There are also some minor issues on the list of lists for a domain.
If the domain is set to foo.com and the user browses to
http://www.foo.com/mailman/listinfo they will not see the list but

On 29 Mar 2001, at 8:46, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> "Richard B. Pyne" wrote:
>
> > My second, and almost as important, request: Provide a way to
> > specify the list domain name at the time of list creation instead of
> > having to change it after creation. This causes confusion for users
> > of virtual domains.
>
>     Don't see why you have to do that.  I run mailman across three
> different vdomains and I never have to change the list domain name.
> It automatically knows what its (correct) vdomain is when it gets
> created.
>
>     AMK4

Richard B. Pyne, KB7RMU
rpyne at kinfolk.org