[Mailman-Users] Static hostname?

Tanya Brethour brethour at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 05:30:58 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have kinda a weird question.. and I apologize if it seems silly.

I am using Mailman with Exim. I currently have Exim set up to use domain
X (ie: machine.test.com). Now, I will be switching to a new domain Y
(something.org). If I setup mailing lists while Exim is configured for
domain X. Will my mailing lists still function fine when switching to
domain Y? What exactly is static during the list creating? Is the domain
name static?

So if I create test-list at machine.test.com, will this switch to
test-list at something.org or do I need to recreate the lists? Will mailman
change everything to use the new domain?

Once I switch to domain Y, domain X mail will no longer be captured by
this machine.. so I wont be supporting both. (it was used purely for
tranistion).

Thanks in advance!
Tanya