[Mailman-Users] digests en masse

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Mon Mar 26 20:08:40 CEST 2001

We've had a major problem with a digest which was sent in hundreds
of copies; it started yesterday, sunday, at noon (when digests are
being mailed). I found the digest 'stuck' in qfiles and, after removing
it, along with all postings with the digest inside, it finally looked
like the situation was back to normal.

My question is: what could cause this problem in the first place?
The first of (many) error messages shows:

Mar 25 12:01:01 2001 (10003) Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman20/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in do_pip
eline
    func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman20/Mailman/Handlers/Sendmail.py", line 87, in process
    status = fp.close()
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

We're running Mailman 2.0.3, postfix_pl13-2 on redHat 6.2.

Regards
Kaja