[Mailman-Users] Subscribe/posts disappear into black hole

Blandford, Simon [BSS Audio UK] Simon.Blandford at bss.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:10:51 CET 2001

When I confirm the subscription to a mailing list I am setting up or try to
post to it I get no response. No error, nothing appears on the list, no new
subscribers in the list, zip. I have set up /etc/virtusertable and
/etc/aliases correctly, as far as I can tell, and if I change the lines in
/etc/aliases that say (for an example mailing list called "news") from...

mailman: <my admin email address>
mailman-owner: mailman
news: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post news"
news-admin: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner news"
news-request: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd news"
news-owner: news-admin

...to say...

mailman: <my admin email address>
mailman-owner: mailman
news: <my home email address>
news-admin: <my home email address>
news-request: <my home email address>
news-owner: news-admin

...then I do indeed get the subscription requests and posts directed back to
me. So Sendmail must be doing it's stuff OK. So why doesn't Mailman respond?

Mailman is installed as user "mailman" with prefix "/home/mailman/".

Regards,
Simon Blandford.