[Mailman-Users] Setting up mailman: Internal Server Error ?

Remco Rijnders remmy at cistron.nl
Fri Mar 23 05:54:31 CET 2001

Hello all,

I am trying to get Mailman compiled and installed from source and
experiencing some difficulties with it. I've created a testlist but
when I try to access the given URL I receive an internal server error.

According to the documentation this means that the GID or UID
permissions are wrong. Nothing gets logged to the syslog though and in
the httpd error log is the following:

-----
[Thu Mar 22 23:37:58 2001] [error] [client 213.84.15.171] Premature
end of script headers: /home/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo
-----

What I fail to understand though is when I su to nobody (the ID the
httpd processes run with) and then execute

-----
[nobody at spring mailman-2.0.3]$ /home/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo test
-----

that I get perfect HTML output as I would expect.

Could it be that I have made a symlink from /home/starchat/www/mailman
to /home/mailman/cgi-bin that is messing things up for me?

When I copy the cgi-bin directory from the mailman home dir to under
the starchat/www/cgi-bin directory I can access the page (though still
with an error:  )

-----
Bug in Mailman version 2.0.3

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
-----

Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong? I've run out of ideas
myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Remco Rijnders

--
ICQ: 760542, Tel: (+31) 6 11316573, http://www.webconquest.com
-*- Zippy's revelation of the moment: -*-