[Mailman-Users] nightly_gzip does nothing, any tips for debugging python?

Andreas Schamanek Andreas.Schamanek at univie.ac.at
Sat Mar 17 18:26:48 CET 2001

hi there,

i am running mailman 2.0.3 on a linux box with python 1.5.2,
nevertheless my cron/nightly_gzip does nothing:

  > /usr/local/bin/python -S cron/nightly_gzip
    (no output, no action, nothing in logs/error)

  > /usr/local/bin/python -S cron/nightly_gzip -v mylist-l
    (again nothing)

  > /usr/local/bin/python -S cron/nightly_gzip -h
    (and again nothing)

what's going wrong here?

even a

  > /usr/local/bin/python -v -S cron/nightly_gzip

does not tell me anything of an error or file that could not be created.
maybe it's so trivial that i cannot see the reason for this? can anybody
give some advice how to further debug python? unfortunately, i do not
python.

TIA,

-- Andreas