[Mailman-Users] Possibly foolish newbie question

Perry Lynch perrylynch at lbd.org
Fri Mar 16 04:29:59 CET 2001

Hello group!

I am attempting to make the switch from a sendmail/majordomo environment to
a postfix/mailman solution.  At this point, postfix is working well for
normal SMTP, and I believe that I have Mailman configured close to
correctly.  However, I think I have some permissions issues to work out.  I
can create lists, but they simply don't get added to /etc/aliases. I can
subscribe members to the lists, but cannot post to the list.

I love not knowing all that I need to about this stuff - the opportunity to
learn is EVER-present.

Is it possible that a knowledgeable System Admin, who is running
postfix/Mailman, would take pity on a new user and share an example of what
the permissions should look like for the various directories?

I'm running Mandrake 7.2, with Postfix from the distro CD, and Mailman 2.02

I've read the manual, and it all seemed pretty straight-forward, yet I
still messed it up.  I would really appreciate any help/advice/comments
that you can give. Even the RTFM ones!

Thanks
Perry