[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Gregory K. Laughlin glaughln at memphis.edu
Thu Mar 15 17:20:37 CET 2001

Is there a way to remove the various URLs from the header of
messages forwarded by lists?

For example:

I am having to approve posts forwarded from one list I maintain to
another list I maintain and I suspect that it is because I configured
the recipient lists to send what appear as administrative requests
to the list owner and because of these headers Mailman believes
that the messages from the umbrella lists are administrative requests.

I checked the

Regular-member (non-digest) Options Section,

but the "Header added"
is blank for the list, so it appears that the example headers listed above
are some kind of default, non-modifiable section of headers for list mail.

While I understand the utility of these headers, it would seem that
the list administrator should have the ability to remove them.  If not,
then it should be considered in future updates.

Otherwise, I will have no choice but to let seemingly administrative requests
pass to the list to avoid having the approve messages sent to lists that
have other lists subscribed.  Seems like a questionable solution.
(Or I can use other list software of sendmail aliases for lists that are
strictly lists of lists, but I would prefer using Mailman for all my lists,
including umbrella lists.)

Please reply directly to me as I do not subscribe to mailman-users at python.org

Thanks In Advance

Gregory K. Laughlin
Associate Dean for Information Resources and Law Library Director
The University of Memphis Law Library
3715 Central Avenue
Memphis, TN  38152
voice:  901-678-3244