[Mailman-Users] Qrunner probs. with Sendmail

Orion (Steve Pirk) orion at deathcon.com
Wed Mar 14 02:02:18 CET 2001

Dave,

Assuming that the domain truly is "beersellers.net", I think it
is a mailer problem. I tried to telnet to beersellers.net 25
and got immediately booted:
Trying 208.248.173.68...
Connected to beersellers.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Do you have TCP wrappers set up? Can you give us a sample e-mail
addy on that box so that we can test externally without using Mailman?

The only other things I can think of are the local aliases file.
Also make sure your DNS is set up correctly... I did an nslookup
set type=mx and got:
beersellers.net preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.beersellers.net
beersellers.net preference = 10, mail exchanger = 208.248.173.68
beersellers.net nameserver = 208.248.173.1

I tried to telnet to mail.beersellers.net, and got:
mail.beersellers.net: Host name lookup failure

Talking to "your" DNS server, mail.beersellers.net is the same IP as
beersellers.net (208.248.173.68), but I am not resloving
mail.beersellers.net. Also, you should only has the mail preferences
set "equally" if you have multiple mail servers handling all the
inbound traffic.

Hope this helps...

Steve
orion at deathcon.com Owner/Admin