[Mailman-Users] Can't find some fundemental documentation

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri Mar 9 20:12:21 CET 2001

I have Debian installed on my machine, and have installed Mailman from
the Debian package.

Part of the installation process seems to have created cron job which
does something called "gate_news"

The implication of this is that it is somehow linking news with the
lists - but how/what/why?  I can find no documentation about this
feature, other than in the gate_news program itself which says it is
doing this by polling an NNTP server.

But I can't find anything in Defaults.py about this, nor in any other
place that I can think of.

What do I need to do to set up a mail list which is connected to a
news_group, so that list members see all the newsgroup postings, and
mail sent to the list will also propagate to the newsgroup?

TIA

Alan

alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
http://www.chandler.u-net.com