[Mailman-Users] Howto Configure Announcement list

Orion (Steve Pirk) orion at deathcon.com
Fri Mar 9 00:03:47 CET 2001

I just tried to set one up... You are right, there does not seem to
be any "good" options for doing announce only.

Here is one possibility, under "Details" of addresses of members accepted
for posting (field below "restrict posting to members"):

o If member_posting_only is 'yes', then entries added here will have
  posting privilege in addition to list members.
o If member_posting_only is 'no', then only the posters listed here will
  be able to post without admin approval.

Put the admin's e-mail in this box, and set member posting to "no".

Steve
orion at deathcon.com Owner/Admin
deathcon.com - pirk.com
webops.com - disclaimer.com