[Mailman-Users] error message from cron

Nora Speer nora at zim.stud.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Mar 7 22:30:13 CET 2001

Hi,

I installed the SuSE-Mailman-rpm and configured it as described in the
READMEs and INSTALLs. The Webinterface seamed to work and I also managed
to set up a testlist. No I have the following problem:
Suddenty the testlist disappeared in the webinterface although it´s still
in the folder /var/spool/mailman/lists and I got this error message from
the cron. Also the list is not working (so that I do not receive the
mails):

cron message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 271, in ?
    lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
  File "/var/tmp/mailman-root//usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line
219,
in lock
  File "/var/tmp/mailman-root//usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line
350,
in __write
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/var/spool/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.meica.25048'
---
The cronmessage is also in the errorlogfile. I run mailman with postfix as
MTA on a SuSE 7.1. May I some ownerships or permissons are not right.
The $prefix directory is owned by mailman and also set to the group
mailman. The /var/spool/mailman directory is also owned by root and set to
the group mailman ?
Any ideas ?

        Nora
--