[Mailman-Users] Re: Info email command limited to subscribers ??

Fred H Olson fholson at tcfreenet.org
Sun Mar 4 18:19:29 CET 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Fred H Olson wrote:

> I'm moving my mailing list to Mailman and was thinking setting up an
> email alias for the list's old address to which commands were sent to go
> to:  cohousing-l-request at communityfourm.net?subject=info
> to return the info message to people who send commands to the old
> address.

Ooops, I got the mailto: URL of the form:
mailto:cohousing-l-request at communityfourm.net?subject=info
mixed up with an email address with a username something like
cohousing-l-info at communityfourm.net
which effectively encodes the command in the address.  Since nothing of
the latter form exists in mailman for the info command a simple email
alias would not be possible...  Guess I did not get enough sleep last
night...

I still wonder about the:

> requesting info from a non subscribed address gets the message:
>
> ***** info
>
> Anyone know which Mailman configuration item controls this?

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson at cohousing.org    Minneapolis,MN   55411
Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)