[Mailman-Users] Not adding message to archive

Martin, Kenn kenn.martin at domino-uk.com
Fri Mar 2 17:00:59 CET 2001

I have Mailman set-up with mHonarc as the external archiver. When I send the
list a message I get back a messages saying it has been posted and a copy of
the message because I'm on the list but the messages doesn't get added to
the archive.

The entry for PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER in mm_cfg.py is:
PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = """mkdir -p
/home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname
)s;/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -outdir /home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s
-id
xfname index.html -nosaveresources -rcfile /home/mailman/mhonarc.mrc
-reverse"""

The same entry is used for PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER

I can get the message added by running the following home made script
rm -rf /home/mailman/archives/private/$1
mkdir -p /home/mailman/archives/private/$1
/usr/bin/mhonarc /home/mailman/archives/private/$1.mbox/$1.mbox -outdir
/home/ma
ilman/archives/private/$1 -idxfname index.html -nosaveresources -rcfile
/home/ma
ilman/mhonarc.mrc
chmod -R 755 /home/mailman/archives/private/$1

How come the messages don't get added to the archive when they arrive??

Kenn

This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are addressed. If you have received this Email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this Email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper and Norton Anti-Virus for the presence of computer viruses.