[Mailman-Users] Approved header

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri Mar 2 08:16:09 CET 2001

    JT> For what it's worth.  The Approve.py handler in mailman does
    JT> seem to check for the Approved: header and will compare it's
    JT> value to the mail list admin password.  It looks like this
    JT> should work fine from what I've found in the source.  However,
    JT> it doesn't seem to.

    JT> Is there any way to make mailman produce some type of
    JT> debugging output?

James, did you ever get more information about this problem?  Mailman
definitely supports Approved: headers and it works fine for me testing
against MM2.0.1 and the current CVS snapshot.

>From your original message though, it seems like you're asking about
adding Approved: to the first line of the /body/ of the message
instead of the headers.  No, Mailman does not support that.

-Barry