[Mailman-Users] Virtual host details?

Fred H Olson fholson at tcfreenet.org
Thu Mar 1 02:43:07 CET 2001

Hi,
I am list owner of a list being moved to a Mailman 2.0 system
(which is fairly recently installed by other folks here in Minneapolis).
I only have access to the WWW interface to list admin functions. I have
not read the system admin docs - did not want to download the tarball
etc...

I have read mention of "virtual host" and "virtual domain" in various
places but have not seen a discussion of the topic.  I assume that this
refers to a list appearing to be at a chosen domain other than where
Mailman is running.  How is this done?

I have set my mailman-users sub to nomail mode so CC's of response direct
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

BTW setting digest mode as default does not seem to apply to mass
subscribes (they get subscribed in regular mode).  Is this a feature or a
bug?

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson at cohousing.org    Minneapolis,MN   55411
Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)