[Mailman-Users] Basic HTML form "Unsubscribe" help (please)

Bob Leonard bob at pc-help-on-site.com
Sat Jun 30 00:18:15 CEST 2001

My situation is that my ISP makes Mailman available.  With limited knowledge (and limited talent), my objective is simple - have a web page where users can subscribe and unsubscribe simply and without a password.  Nor do I want to subject my users to the two-page unsubscribe process provided with the list.

I've read the manuals and most of the archive (to tell the truth I did not get though the whole 33mb of text).  Never-the-less, I'm ready to beg for help.

I have worked out the form to subscribe users - this works fine and is shown below. (Passwords for everyone are hidden and set to the same value.  This way the user does not know he or she has a password.)

While I understand that my ISP installed and configured Mailman, can anyone use the form below to give me advice on creating a  html form to unsubcribe a user?

<form method=POST action="http://MyISPSserver/mailman/subscribe/MyList_MySite">
<input type="hidden" name="pw-conf" size="15" value="password">
<input type="hidden" name="pw" size="15" value="password">
<input type="text" name="email" size="30">
</FORM>

Thank you.

Bob Leonard
bob at pc-help-on-site.com