[Mailman-Users] Web interface went to Brazil for summer vacation?

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Sat Jun 30 00:06:11 CEST 2001

Satya wrote:

> You mentioned ScriptAlias. I have this:
>
> Alias /mailman/ /home/mailman/cgi-bin/
>
> Do you have a similar line? Is it correct?

I don't have a mailman alias - but I didn't have one before. I have one for
icons, and I have one for pipermail, but not for mailman. What the heck.
Can't hurt to try. It's already broke...

> Note the paths. They're in Apache's web directory space, not in the
> filesystem. Your path is in the filesystem. Borked Alias directive is
> my guess. [snip] BTW, who else has admin access to the box in question?
> Maybe they did something?

Nobody else has admin rights to the box. (Hell, nobody else has rights to the
box.) I'd love to pin this on someone else, but if it was human intervention
that busted it, it's all me. ::sigh:: Not that that's any great surprise at
this point...

> More wild guessing: is /usr/local/apache/www/htdocs/ or anything along
> that path on a different partition which isn't mounted?

I wish it were that simple. :-) Not on a different partition, and other
webpages in that htdocs folder are serving fine.

I'll let you know if the alias thing happens to fix it. I'm curious, if it's
needed, why it worked before. ::shaking head:: Weirder things have
happened...

=)
Amanda