[Mailman-Users] gate news

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri Jun 29 18:19:57 CEST 2001

    JDB> Under 2.0.5 I am having trouble getting news->mail to work.

    JDB> (Since no one ever answered my previous email) :(

    JDB> I think that I have it all configured correctly, but when
    JDB> cron runs the gate news (or if I do it manually) nothing
    JDB> happens and there is no errors.

    JDB> There is also no traffic going in/out...so I dont think it is
    JDB> doing a thing!

    JDB> Nothing in any log files anywhere even syslogs....

    JDB> I have the server and group specified fine...but...

    JDB> any help PLEASE? (where to look/fix??)

If you're really getting nothing in any of Mailman's log files, then
you're going to start having to add "debugging prints" to the
gate_news script.  For Mailman, this means adding syslog() calls.  You
can use anything as the first argument, but I typically use 'debug',
which writes output to $prefix/logs/debug, which I then tail to watch
as things go.

-Barry