[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman & Sendmail problems

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri Jun 29 18:00:23 CEST 2001

    B> Thanks for the info on how 2.1's "cron" works... So does it
    B> still wait until the next minute to check for messages if it
    B> isn't currently processing any, or do they get processed
    B> immediately?

In MM2.1, if a particular qrunner (remember, we now have several
separate queues) finds no files to process, it goes to sleep for a
while (time.sleep()) then checks again when it wakes up.

I misspoke earlier, the default sleep interval is 1 second, not 1
minute (this is configurable in mm_cfg.py).

It has to do this, or it'll busy loop.  I don't know of a good,
portable way to wait on new files showing up in a directory.

-Barry