[Mailman-Users] Multiple domains and lists with the same name

John-Paul Robinson johnpaulr at ehsmed.com
Tue Jun 26 18:42:16 CEST 2001

I use multiple installations with Sendmail virtual domains.  I struggled a
lot to get this working.  It wasn't anything to do with the complexity  of
the Mailman or Sendmail config though.

The problem I discovered was that I had to have two distinct names in my
/etc/smrsh for the mailman "wrapper" program.  If I had just wrapper and
used that in all my alias expansions, all my mail would follow the link to
the same virtual domain instance of the mailman install.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned much, so I don't know if it is normally
required form smrsh users or if there is just something quirky I did.  Once
I did this, though, everything worked beautifully.

John-Paul