[Mailman-Users] test

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 14:45:09 CEST 2001

On 26 Jun 2001 04:39:13 -0700, joseph eugene wrote:
> test

Please do not send test messages to active lists.
Doing so manages to piss off a large number of people, some of whom you
may be asking for help since you are on the list and presumably
interested in Mailman development.

This list moves somewhere around 100 messages a day at times, adding
another half dozen test messages does nothing to increase the signal to
noise ratio, and persaudes people to unsubscribe rather than be deluged
by idiot messages.

If you are testing mail receipt then you will get several in the next
couple of hours, if sending then don't send stuff to the list unless you
have something useful to say.

Remember, I, and many others, when interviewing job applicants,
routinely attempt an internet search on the person we are applying.  If
you show yourself as a fuckwit on the internet that will not count in
your favour.  Remember also that google and the like have a special
feature - the more stupid a posting makes you look, the nearer to the
top of a list of matching pages it appears!

	Nigel.
[ ----- Security is not an add-on -- security is a way of life ----- ]