[Mailman-Users] Setting up first list - problems

Pro-phile Web Development brian at pro-phile.com
Tue Jun 26 05:25:20 CEST 2001

I just had someone who knows Linux a great deal more than I, install
mailman. I just tried to create a new list through telnet and got to this
point and received these errors. Can I figure out what is wrong through
this? Or do I need more info?

[mailman at host here bin]$ newlist
Enter the name of the list: cbr900
Enter the email of the person running the list: brian at host here.com
Initial cbr900 password:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 220, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 169, in main
    mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 787, in Create
    self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 335, in InitVars
    Archiver.InitVars(self) # has configurable stuff
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 70, in InitVars
    self.archive_private = mm_cfg.DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE
AttributeError: DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE

Thanks for the help!