[Mailman-Users] Re: I can´t go to the list archives

Vizi Szilard vizisz at freemail.hu
Mon Jun 25 09:15:35 CEST 2001

Hello,

Hengel  Zambrano wrote:
> Hello, I have just instaled mailman, I think it is cool, but I
> can´t go to lists archives option in the administrator web page.
> ------- ERROR ---------
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /pipermail/venezuela/ on this server.

Try to send first a message to that list, the archive page is not
available until a message arrives to the list.
This is a TODO for newer versions.

After that you can access you archive.
If you want to erase that test message:
   * remove $prefix/archives/private/<listname>
   * edit $prefix/archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox [optional]
   * run $prefix/bin/arch <listname>
(From the FAQ)

> I have reviewed the directories permisons, but I not found anything.
Please try 'bin/check_perms -f' to correct permission problems
instead of any handy work.

Szilard Vizi