[Mailman-Users] Mailman and phone bills

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Jun 24 15:20:58 CEST 2001

On Saturday 23 June 2001 05:27 pm, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:10:29PM +0100, Karl Carlile wrote:
> > If you put mailman on a machine such as pentium three to use it as a
> > mailing server with a moderate amount of mail how to phone call costs
> > work. If mail are sent to your server while the server is in sleep mode
> > do you pay for such incoming calls. On the other hand that posting that
> > comes in must go out to in my case up to a hundred subscribers. Does that
> > form part of the phone cost bill. And if it is does it amount to just one
> > phone call since all the one hundred are sent out together.

> This is a troll, right?

Not necessarily.  There are places in the world where local phone calls are
billable.  Karl posted from an Irish ISP, and it wouldn't surprise me if
local calls there aren't free.  He needs to clarify how his ISP and phone
calls are billed and then determine if he's got a specific Mailman issue (in
which case this list might be appropriate) or a general Internet connectivity
issue (frequency of PPP calls, etc) that might be better answered in other
lists.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org