[Mailman-Users] The 386 PC and Linux

Phil Stracchino alaric at babylon5.babcom.com
Sat Jun 23 22:02:10 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 07:17:31AM +0100, Karl Carlile wrote:
> Important question. Need to know today before I order. Do all versions of
> the Linux operating systems run on 386 and 486.If so what ones do? Much of
> the propaganda says that they can be run  on a 386.If the cds with the
> operating system are up to gig and more how then can they operate from a
> 386.

If it's not a silly question, why are you asking question after question
about the comparative merits of Linux distributions, on a mailing list for
users of one specific mailing-list manager?

--
 Linux Now!   ..........Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.
 phil stracchino   --   the renaissance man   --   mystic zen biker geek
        alaric at babcom.com                halmayne at sourceforge.net
   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)