[Mailman-Users] Spam filters

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jun 20 10:11:42 CEST 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:42:38 -0600
Kory Wheatley <wheakory at isu.edu> wrote:

> What are good Spam filters that I can add in Mailman 2.05 In the
> Hold Posts with Headers opiton?

I used to use a filter before the Mailman wrapper which ran rblcheck
against the headers and added a custom X-Header if a match was
found.  I didn't do it in the MTA at the time as I only wanted it
for the one list.

I no longer have that script, but it was based of the following
procmail recipe:

  TCPREMOTEIP=`formail -xReceived|/bin/sed -ne '/\[.*\]/{ s/[^[]*.\([^]]*\)[^$]*/\1/; P;}'`
  RBL=`if [ -n "$TCPREMOTEIP" ]; then rblcheck ${TCPREMOTEIP} | /bin/fgrep -v "not RBL filtered"; fi`

  :0 fhw
  | formail -A"X-Spam-Flags: $RBL"

rblcheck can be found here:

  http://rblcheck.sourceforge.net/

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows