[Mailman-Users] setting up mailing list

Enriko Groen enriko.groen at netivity.nl
Tue Jun 19 10:00:40 CEST 2001

If you want to know the advantages of ListProc; you're probably on the
wronglist.
This is the Mailman mailinglist. Mailman is just another flavour of a
mailinglist manager; just as majordomo and listproc are. AFAIR ListProc is
commercial, where Majordomo and Mailman are under GNU/Public Domain.

All of these are Unix/Linux related mailinglist servers/programs... if you
want to run Mailman (or Listproc, or Majordomo) you most probably need a
computer running one of the many Unix falvours. And yes... it needs to be on
continuesly.

I personally don't think that your PC will wear out quicker because starting
up and getting at a normal temprature can be pretty hard on your components.

--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager
netivity bv   www.netivity.nl   enriko.groen at netivity.nl
038 - 850 1000   van nagellstraat 4      8011 eb  zwolle