[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Sat Jun 16 21:34:00 CEST 2001

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 12:30 PM, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Would it be so bad if the Mailman FAQ/README read as follows?
>
>   If you are having performance problems and are using sendmail,
>   don't bitch to us.

I'd be more political about it.

Something like:

We have found that sendmail has limitations that can cause it to be a
performance bottleneck with mailman. If you are running sendmail and are
having trouble with delivery delays or other performance problems, we
suggest you look into an alternative delivery program -- we know mailman
does not have these problems with a properly configured version of
postfix, exim or qmail. This is not a problem with mailman: this is a
design limitation in sendmail that we don't believe will be fixed in the
forseeable future.

95% of being a net.god is sounding persuasive
and convincing people you know what you're talking about, even when
you're
making it up as you go along. (chuq von rospach, 1992)