[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Jun 15 21:31:39 CEST 2001

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 12:20 PM, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Fair dinkum.  A potential issue is that it is MTA dependent in
> addition

is it? I guess I'm missing the connection.

>  To date Mailman is quite MTA agnostic.

to a good degree by programming to the lowest common denominator. Maybe
it's time to re-think that, so we can take advantage of some features,
while still keeping a 'generic' module for the other MTAs. that'd allow
us to 'build in' the qmail VERP stuff, or allowing postfix to let
mailman maintain the alias file, while still supporting sendmail, which
does neither.

after all, isn't this just another API with a set of 'plug-ins'?

Any connection between your reality and mine
is purely coincidental.