[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Jun 15 20:59:51 CEST 2001

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 11:34 AM, J C Lawrence wrote:

> VERP is interesting.  I'd argue that allowing Mailman to only apply
> VERP (or VERP-like techniques) to every Nth post to every Q'th list
> member is the most interesting case, both for bounce handling and
> human unsubscribe/listinfo etc.

Me, I see VERP as an afterthought. I'm more interested in making things
easier for the end user, which means things like what I posted earlier
this morning (to line changes, encoded URLs). you can't do that every
Nth post, it has to be in every message. And once you do that, you might
as well do VERP, since it's now free.

but if you don't want to do the customization for end-users, then yes,
intermittent VERP is fine.

"He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier."