[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Jun 15 21:01:15 CEST 2001

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 11:37 AM, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Mailman has a large penetration in small under-weight systems/sites.
> Its the whole -t-does-everything deal which is particularly
> attractive to novice/small sites.  I'd dislike seeing that quality
> lost.

but will what we are proposing cause problems? It's only an issue if we
'put them over the edge', and I don't at all think we should ASSUME we
will. I'm willing to bet most sites will continue to work just fine.
It's osmething that might be useful to survey before making assumptions
and decisions.

It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of
Karma to burn off.