[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying passwords

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Fri Jun 15 20:21:58 CEST 2001

I hope I've made clear at some point that I've got no quarrel with this
idea.  I'm all for the addition of new features (assuming, of course,
that they're configurable at some level -- I for one wouldn't mind
seeing it as a list-by-list option, similar to the "what steps are
required for subscription" setting on the privacy options).

Presumably, we'd also under most circumstances generate a farewell
message when someone was removed from a list.  That'd serve the dual
purpose of confirming a successful unsubscribe for someone who was doing
it legitimately and also notifying them if it was actually happening
behind their back.  (Does this already happen?  I see that there's a
"text sent to people leaving the list" option, but it's not immediately
apparent to me how and where that text would be presented...)

---
Mark Roedel (roedelm at letu.edu)  ||  "There cannot be a crisis next week.
Systems Programmer / WebMaster  ||   My schedule is already full."
     LeTourneau University      ||                    -- Henry Kissinger