[Mailman-Users] This is unixstuff warning

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jun 14 09:55:57 CEST 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:40:35 -0700
arandall  <Amanda> wrote:

> ::shaking head:: And then there's the fact that my boss flipped
> when he saw I hadn't plugged a mouse into the server we were
> setting up ...  "But how will you get to anything?" ...what's
> wrong with the keyboard?

The central intellectual hurdle I've found with trying to teach
Windows users about basic Unix system administration (or simple use
of their account) is getting past the fixed idea that:

  To do anything to a computer you have to go put your body in front
  of it.

The idea of network and interface abstraction is a significant
educational hurdle that is a bitch to overcome.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows