[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying passwords

Joel Votaw Joel.Votaw at bops.com
Wed Jun 13 23:52:27 CEST 2001

Hello,

I recently inherited a Mailman server and have unfortunately never used the
tool before.  I have a question about administering the server that I can't
find the answer to online or in the documentation, and was wondering if
someone on this list could give me some insight.

I need to allow people to join and use the lists without specifying a
password at all.  I've dug through the docs including with the distribution,
archives of this mailing list, and a number of Google searches and can't
turn up the answer (however I've found plenty of information about turning
off password reminder messages!).

I've also found the template for the "subscribe" page, but removing the
password fields from the HTML doesn't fix the problem.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty proficient at UNIX and programming (though
not Python per se) and wouldn't mind making some changes to the source code
and recompiling, as long as doing so will take a reasonably finite,
predictable amount of time.

Thanks you very much in advance for any pointers,
        -Joel