[Mailman-Users] This is unixstuff warning

Phil Stracchino alaric at babylon5.babcom.com
Wed Jun 13 20:38:58 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:44:14AM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> I think the "teach them to fish" mode worked in earlier days. Today, too
> many people feel everyone else owes them whatever they want.

It's all part of the culture of abdication of personal responsibility and
the nanny society.  They don't want you to teach them how to fish ...
learning is hard, and they might hurt themselves on the hook.  Someone
else should do it for them.  They don't want to *know* how to fish,
because if they know how to fish, someone might make them get their own
fish.  They just want to be given the damn fish already, and hey, get me
another beer while you're up, huh?  And you're not gonna make me clean and
cook that thing myself, are you?

</cynicism>

--
 Linux Now!   ..........Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.
 phil stracchino   --   the renaissance man   --   mystic zen biker geek