[Mailman-Users] Mailman for Windows

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Wed Jun 13 19:37:35 CEST 2001

On 02:11 PM 6/7/13, Lars T. Soeftestad wrote:
>Hi Mailmen/women!
>
>Have loked at Mailman, and thought it would be perfect for my use. Which
>is: a regular newsletter to people working on community-based natural
>resource management (CBNRM), mostly in developing countries, as an adjunct
>to the CBNRM Net portal website (<http://www.cbnrm.net>www.cbnrm.net) that
>I operate.

According to netcraft.com:

The site www.cbnrm.net is running Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) mod_frontpage/3.0.4.3
on Compaq Tru64.

You shouldn't have any problems running mailman on that server.

>Then, to my frustration, I read that Mailman is not available for Windows
>(98 in my case). Really sad. Question: would you know of share/freeware
>that does more or less the same as Mailman, and that is available for Windows?

Why can't you just run mailman on the same server your website is hosted
on?  If this isn't allowed by your webhosting provider, I suggest moving
your website to a host that does allow it, so that all of your site's
services are hosted on one machine.  This makes it *much* easier to keep
your site up and running than having services scattered all over the place
on different platforms.

jc  (posted and emailed)