[Mailman-Users] Limit no. of lists

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Jun 12 23:14:22 CEST 2001

    BD> Is there a possibility to only let the site administrator
    BD> create mailinglists? I don't want users to create mailinglist
    BD> whenever they want...

Under Mailman 2.0.x, only users that have physical access to the
machine, and sufficient shell privileges, can create new lists.  Thus
you need to make sure that your Mailman installation is properly
protected via Unix file permissions.

Mailman 2.1 will support thru-the-web creation of mailing lists, but
only the site administrator or the newly created role "list creator"
will be able to create lists.  Shell list creation will still be
supported, but the ttw interfaces will require passwords which normal
users should not have access to.

-Barry