[Mailman-Users] Re: MIME messages

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Thu Jun 7 00:04:09 CEST 2001

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:02:39 +0200
Joaquim Homrighausen <joho at webbplatsen.se> wrote:

>  * On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:15:06 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>> Could someone write up a quick list of requirements for demimeing
>> that they'd like to see encorporated directly into Mailman 2.1?

> I tend to agree with many of the other suggestions/responses to
> your question. My primary functionality requirements are probably
> very basic, but those I can think of right now are:

> 1) Being able to handle MIME:d messages when parsing requests.

> 2) Being able to handle MIME:d messages written to the list with a
> number of options such as HTML->Text conversion, bouncing messages
> with no plain/text part, etc.

> 3) Being able to extract/strip attachments.

Add:

  Ability to unroll quoted printable.

  Ability to unroll base64 encoded plain text.

  Ability to strip blocks from message parts that match stated
  patterns (eg Yahoo/MSN/Hotmail ads, corporate CYA statements,
  etc).

  Ability to filter on line length (eg hold for moderation or
  auto-discard/reject).

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows