[Mailman-Users] set gid didn't work?

Mitchell Marks mitchell at walrus.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 6 23:33:20 CEST 2001

At 01:14 PM 6/6/01, Amanda wrote:

>Well, I thought that was a little weird, so I looked up gid 401, and it
>doesn't exist. So I collected some additional information, and
>reconfigured with mail gid set to 400 (qmail). I

If you have access to /etc/group (or the equivalent), how about just
/making up/ a group 401 entry?  Call it whatever name you like, like
"qmail-oddity".   Then configure/make Mailman with gid 401, and hopefully
it won't refuse, since now that's a listed group.

Good luck!

    -- Mitch Marks

--
Mitchell Marks
CUIP Tech Coordinator    http://cuip.uchicago.edu

Telephone:  Ofc 773-702-6041
         Fax 702-8212
         Home (v.m. only, ok any time) 241-7166
Email: Primary address: mitch at cuip.uchicago.edu
         Alternate UofC addresses (use especially to report problems with
cuip.uchicago.edu): mitchell at cs.uchicago.edu and mmar at midway.uchicago.edu
         Off-campus (ISP) address: mmarks at corecomm.net

Mr. Shrimp felt helplessly caught up in events  ... he was just a prawn in
their game.
Mlle. Snail bought a sports car and had a big "S" painted on the sides ...
now everybody seeing her zoom by says "Look at that S-Car go!".