[Mailman-Users] Filtering HTML & RICH

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 15:58:04 CEST 2001

On 12 Jun 2001 09:11:30 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I finally got around to installing stripmime but I evidently have
> something wrong. This is the error message I get:
>
> 2001-06-12 08:49:57 159ncK-0005vW-00 **
> |/usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post lp-meck
> <lp-meck at niof.net> D=system_aliases T=address_pipe: Child process of
> address_pipe transport returned 69 (could mean service or program
> unavailable) from command:
> /usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper
>
> It works from the command line using stdin on an html message. Why is
> exim having a problem? Is exim's environment different?

Exim normally does not use a shell on its pipe transport - this is a
good thing(tm) - but in this case means that you are either getting
stripmime invoked with |/var... as the parameter, or (more likely from
the error you give) you are invoking the program called
"/usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper"

I suggest you drop the stuff into its own little shell script and use
that as the delivery target.

Much of this is covered in the FAQ and documentation on the exim web
site.

	Nigel.